Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Missing stuff

Things I will miss when we leave America...

     Our family and friends.

     Being able to walk into an English speaking church and join in worship.

     Grocery shopping without having to bargain for every piece of fruit I buy. 
     With five kids, I buy lots of fruit! 

     Silly things like being able to shop at Costco.

     Drinking tap water without worrying about getting sick.

     My stuff.   Hey, I like my stuff!  It's good stuff! 

     Roads where people follow traffic laws.



But, when I look at this list, I wonder how much I'll really miss these things?

     With the internet we will still have close contact with our families.

     We got to hang out with Cambodians for two church services, and we were
     worshiping the same God.

     Shopping will be different, but different isn't bad, it's just different.

     I probably don't need all the things I get at Costco anyway.

     Bottled water is easy to find in Cambodia.

     I saw plenty of stuff there.

     We'll get used to the traffic eventually... or just let locals drive us everywhere.  =)  



1 comment: