Friday, January 18, 2013

One step

When we started this journey to Cambodia it was a simple thing.  We just wanted to learn about the country, the people, and what God is doing there.  I'm not sure we were really seriously considering flying halfway around the planet at first.  It was a crazy idea, completely unreal, but we wanted to find out more about it.  So we took a baby step.  We started researching.  We talked to friends and family.  We prayed.  And we repeatedly said that this idea was crazy.

After taking the first step, we saw where the next one led, and so we stepped out.  One step was flying to Cambodia for a two week whirlwind tour.  After that, it was clear that we were going to take our family over there long term.

The next step was clear, put the house on the market.  Houses in our neighborhood have been taking close to a year to sell.  God found us a buyer in less than two months! We were ready to start planning the next step.

But our buyers backed out.  After two weeks, we have rooms that are now empty.  Our office has no desk, our dining room has no table or chairs.  Stuff that has been sorted into keep, sell, and take piles are making the house look messier than usual.  There is a large pile of things we were intending to sell now sitting in the garage. 

I'm finding it harder to trust at this point.  The timing was exactly what I wanted before, and now?  I feel like I have lost control when I never really had it.  God IS in control, I am not.  If I really believe Him, then I have to trust Him. 

So, we will take each step as it comes, trying not to worry about the steps that come later.  After all we have seven pairs of feet to take through each step. 


Philipians 4:19  And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. Hugs, Diane. Yes, He IS in control. It will all work out.

    love you!

    ReplyDelete