Saturday, December 29, 2012

How are the kids taking it?

Many people have asked me how the kids are taking the idea of us moving to Cambodia.  They were really excited until they realized they wouldn't be able to take all of their toys with them.  I had the same problem.  What about my kitchen gadgets?  Can I take some of them at least?!  Yes, you can take your favorite toys.  The kids and I are happy with that.

We are excited for all of the new experiences we will have together.  After living in 5 different cities in 15 years of marriage we are experts at exploring new places, and finding what we need near us.  A good map has often been our friend.  It's true that an English map may be hard to find after this next move, but we'll find a way to figure things out. 

One of my favorite things about this whole process has been hearing my kids pray for Cambodia.  They are praying that we can go there soon.  My six year old prays for the kids there.  My nine year old asks God to help us find ways to help the Khmer people.  Watching the kids start looking for ways to serve others makes this mama heart very glad.  If they see us moving so far from our comfort zone to serve God, will they be more likely to do the same thing when they are adults?  I hope they will.  I pray they will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment