Friday, November 22, 2013

Note to a lizard

Dear Mr. Chincha,

I would like to tell you how very much I appreciate the time you put in to eating disposing of any bugs who wander into my bathroom.  This job alone is enough to make me not mind when you run up the wall next to me when I am occupied there.  It would be nice if you could let me know before you run, but I understand that our language barrier makes this difficult.

There is just one thing that troubles me about the time we spend together. When I am in the shower, I would much appreciate it if you would not run about on the ceiling.  It feels a little creepy, and I am afraid that you are planning to jump on my head when I am not watching.  My preference is that you either stay still in one place, or better yet, stay in one of your favorite hiding places - behind the toilet perhaps?

Thank you for taking the time to read this note.

Your friend and housemate,
Diane


P.S.  I apologize for the incident with the door that claimed your tail.  It was unfortunate, but I am happy to see that you are already growing a new one.  

2 comments: